What I will absolutely guarantee is that there is nothing anywhere on this site that could be classed as spyware or malware of any kind. Even my counters are innocent - they simply update a number in a text file - nothing else.
- 5.1 - I added the color boxes back in because I like them. It was more work that I expected it to be though, so I made some changes in the background to hopefully make things like this easier in the future. The colors themselves are still subject to tweaking.
- 5 - A major cosmetic change and the addition of commenting to the 'blogs. In the background a new version of Movable Type is in use, but I still had to write a lot of the code myself to get the SSI stuff to work.
- 4.1.6 - A bunch of cosmetic changes to give the site a slightly cleaner look.
- 4.1.5 - Several changes made to the site's underlying structure. Most notably for me was the redesign of the navigation menu to take advantage of SSI and CSS more effectively.
- 4.1 - Fixed a long-standing problem caused by a bug in Internet Explorer that was preventing the selection of text with the mouse. While I was at it I moved the side panel to the right side and set a maximun content width.
- 4.0 - A total site redesign. Going for a faster-loading, less-cartoony look. I've also incorporated an awful lot of CSS which I had to start learning in earnest.
- 3.9 - After several failed attempts I've implemented some rudimentary weblogs to the main, pool, and cat sections. These 'blogs use Movable Type for the most part but I've had to write several scripts to allow it to work with my SSI-based site.
- 3.8 - Addition of graphics galleries 5 and 6, which consists mostly of old and ugly images. Also put in a slight darkening of the link color. Rediscoverd a major flaw in Fireworks' slicing capabilities.
- 3.7.1 - Addition of a rudimentary search function accessible from the main page. Also created some new error pages as tribute to Baghdad Bob and his wonderful optimism during the recent troubles in Iraq.
- 3.7 - Implementation of the very cool showPic behavior from Project VII. This change means that my gallery pages function much more efficiently, loading just the selected image without forcing a reload of the entire page.
- 3.6 - (Aborted) Attempted to implement Dreamweaver MX templates to facilitate the next major site revision. Found templates to be buggy and inconsistent so I gave up for a while. It's probably operator error anyway as I don't really like reading manuals.
- 3.5 - Completely redesigned SSI scripts for Gallery area. New utility script that builds Gallery pages adds the image title as alt attribute to image.
- 3.4 - Some first steps into using CSS. Removed all font tags, and used my limited knowledge of CSS to centralize several other design choices.
- 3.2 - As part of a server relocation I cleaned out several files and did some rearranging of the layout of the site files. Hopefully these changes were not noticed by the users. I also implemented streaming video on my movies page.
- 3.1 - Changed the Gallery area to a mosly-SSI area of the site. Pages are now generated when requested instead of being built and stored beforehand.
- 3.0 - A major change to the overall look and feel of the site. Hopefully this provides a cleaner and more professional appearance. Also switched most of the Gallery, Pool, and Pronto pages to SSI to take advantage of my new counter script.
- 2.0 - Greatly expanded the gallery area as my obsession with Terragen took over more of my life. The site design remained the same otherwise.
- 1.0 - My first attempt at a more professional site. Did away with frames.
- 0.0 - A major site revision to take advantage of my new Dreamweaver 3 software. Considered my first real site, this version included all of the sections seen today, though in limited form. It made extensive use of frames, which I thought were the coolest thing in the world at the time.
- An Earlier Site - My initial site, built using FrontPage Express, was built primarily for the Pronto section.
- My first web page ever. Done in 1994 or so using the vi editor.
This site as it currently exists was built almost exclusively with VI. Macromedia's Dreamweaver products was used earlier in this site's life, but I seem to have outgrown its capabilities.
I also use TopStyle's CSS Editor to verify that my stylesheets are valid.
For image work, I pretty much stick to Macromedia Fireworks.
For the movies, I use TMPGenc to isolate and encode them from my analog camcorder, the either RealProducer or Windows Movie Maker to get them ready for the web. My movies have come a long way, but I'd still like to figure out how to get them imbedded into a page.