One of the more interesting things that MaineGirl and I did the other night was this game she does with her friends. After we'd talked for a couple of hours, we each wrote down twenty questions for the other. We answered each question on a separate piece of paper, then traded answers. We had to try to match our questions with their answers.
Of course, it was all just a way to keep the conversation stimulated. I don't see how it could work if the people playing actually knew each other and ever planned to see them again. The questions asked of me were way too personal.
Anyway, here are my answers, changed slightly to protect privacy. Don't bother asking what the questions were:
1. Short answer: Yes. Long answer: It's like that [transitory period] when you wish you didn't but you do anyway. I know it's stupid, but for now I just have to accept it.
2. Absolutely, right away. And want is the operative word there. It used to be need and that terrified me.
3. No, though I came close once. I showed great willpower. It's just not my place to ask that.
4. I'm actually counting on that. If that's not the case then I've got a whole new set of problems.
5. You know, I really don't. I have to force myself to even picture that situation, and the picture I come up with is not a good one. Sometimes I wish that was what I wanted, because then at least all of this would make sense.
6. I suppose I'd get used to it like I've gotten used to everything else. No choice really.
7. Oh, I wouldn't say that it wouldn't affect me. It would affect the hell out of me. But even that would be better than the alternatives.
8. How about hate? How about pity? How about mockery? How about fear? How about nothingness? I'd say that any of those would be much worse.
9. I think I pretty much forfeited those privileges a long time ago. I don't know for sure but I figure better safe than sorry.
10. If that's the case then I owe yet another apology. I hope it's not the case.
11. Well of course it would. I'm not a robot. Not completely anyway. Not anymore. But not just good. More like bittersweet.
12. I wouldn't be surprised at all. I think I would be if the situation were reversed.
13. Maybe. I guess anything's possible, but that would really surprise me. I've never seen any potential for those kinds of feelings.
14. I think that would crush me.
15. I think because that would be proof of nothingness.
16. Nope. I was going to, when it first started, but I ran out of time.
17. Because then it was the right thing to do, but now I don't think it would solve any problems. Probably just make more.
18. I used to. Now, I'm not so sure.
19. Easy. Exactly where it started. Nothing more, nothing less.
20. I don't, but I can hope, right?