You know how you're driving in the snow at night and the flakes all seem to be flying towards you in the illumination from your headlights and it's kind of chaotic and hypnotic at the same time?
Well, it's not a very accurate metaphor for what's going on with me right now, but I still thinks it's cool.
I'm taking a break.
Not a break from posting.
Just a break from posting anything interesting.
It won't be a long break - maybe a week at the most. And the good news (for me at least) is that I'll still be writing, and I'll probably post everything I've written once this break is over.
My reasons for this break are numerous:
1. Things are unraveling and reweaving at a pretty strong pace in my head and in my life right now. I don't want to post something only to have it made obsolete by the next thought I have or the next thing that happens. I need to have some time to edit and check for some semblance of continuity before I publish anything.
2. Right now, I'm the happiest I've been since November. I don't want to spoil this mood by ruminating on the various possibilities of what could happen this week.
4. What's going to happen is, frankly, what's supposed to happen. I don't want to influence anything by making predictions or posting reactions until it's all over.
5. Some things are not anybody's business.
6. This will, one way or another, be the end of an era. I want anything I write about it to be both good and accurate. I'll need to take my time with these writings, and having a self-imposed daily deadline just won't do.
7. See number 4 above.
9. I'm not the same person I was 6 months ago. I'm not even the same person I was 24 hours ago. I need to finish solidifying and then let the new me decide what should, and what should not be posted.
In the time between now and when things have settled down, I'll probably still be posting to this 'blog. I'll just be posting bullshit that, according to the latest polls, nobody cares about.
So, loyal readers, don't fret that I've become boring again, just hours after I'd finally posted something interesting. My life promises to be quite interesting for the next several days, and you'll be able to read about it later.
Just not right now. I've got a nervous breakdown to attend.