Okay, I'm going to vent a little.
These all go out to different people.
- What, I'm not good enough for your precious list? Fuck off then.
- I tried really hard to miss you tonight, but I failed. That's good, right?
- You have no idea how good it is to have you in my life. You help ground me.
- I'm beginning to see what others dislike about you.
- You're coming on a little strong. Just ease off a little and I think we can still be friends.
- I have serious concerns about your taste in men, but you still intrigue me.
- Don't fucking ask the question if you're not going to listen to the answer.
Tonight Rich O's was incredibly crowded. There were a few people that I know, but it was mostly strangers. I actually would have left after just one beer but RealTrainGirl was coming and I wanted to see her.
To drink, I started out with a Smithwick's (420), then a Baltika 6 Porter (32). While I was drinking the porter RealTrainGirl came in. She and her roommate and GreenBeerDude and I talked for a bit, though GreenBeerDude left rather abruptly, and RoommateGuy I don't know at all.
For my final full beer I had this bottle of stuff from Finland:
Kataja Olut (11)
(bottle) Zero carbonation. Zero fizz. This lack of head reminded me of every NABC beer ever made. It was a very nice copper color, and it had a very nice and sweet flavor. I'd love to try this in draft form someday, but I don't really expect that to happen. This would get a yummy rating except for its flatness.
While we were wrapping up our evening, I sampled some of RealTrainGirl's beer:
Gaffel Kolsch (2)
(bottle) A fairly standard lager. Not as fizzy as some, but not as flavorful either. Nothing special.
While I'm listing beers, I'll go ahead and describe a couple that I tried in Chicago:
Bells Oberon (5)
(draft) Bright and fizzy. This would probably be good if it was a hot enough day. Like a million degrees or something.
(draft) Take a light American wheat and spray lemon pledge in it. Not the worst thing I've ever tasted, but far from the best.
What the heck, I'll also list the new NABC beer that I've now tried twice:
(draft) No matter how hard I try, I cannot detect any aroma or flavor. All I get is a slightly drying finish.
Tonight was one of those nights that make me wonder just what the hell I'm doing. It's one thing to drift through life, but a completely different thing to live by habit and inertia. If I actually gave a shit I might start looking for other things to do on my weekends.