Last night I was thinking about stupid questions, mainly because I was asked one.
The cliché is that there are no stupid questions, but that's a stupid cliché.
Here are some types of stupid questions that I've thought of off the top of my head.
1. You already know the answer, but you don't want to hear it.
2. You don't want to know the answer.
3. You want to argue with the answer.
4. You won't listen to the answer.
5. You won't believe the answer.
This list isn't meant to be all-inclusive. I'm sure there are more. Feel free to leave other examples in the comments.
Lately I've taken to not answering stupid questions.