1. An identification with and understanding of another's situation, feelings, or motives.
1. Boisterous and disorderly.
1. Rural country or jungle.
Last night, appearing in the role of BigWheelGirl, was yours truly.
My mission, should I choose to accept it, was to accompany LaptopGirl and her friend GeneralElectricGuy to a party at TrainGirl and RealTrainGirl's house - and, I believe, by my presence dissuade GeneralElectricGuy from getting any ideas.
I did choose to accept the mission as, even though it seemed to be a disaster waiting to happen, it did at least represent a promotion from carpool dummy.
Despite starting out with this, perhaps the worst idea in history, everything turned out very well. There were a lot of people at the party and I got to see and do things that just don't come up in my normal boring life:
1. I got to show LaptopGirl the field in Maplewood where I grew up.
2. I got to see a bunch of women mud-wrestle in various stages of dress and undress.
3. I got to hear LaptopGirl play a guitar and sing karaoke. She's just so damn cute when she's shy like that.
4. I got to spray a bunch of muddy women with a hose to remove mud.
5. Finally, I got to verify a legend of sorts when one of my friends from Rich O's did indeed get naked at a party.
My beer last night was a growler (half-gallon) of Smithwick's. Actually I think I had about half of it. It ended up tasting pretty good but I cut myself off pretty early because I'd need to return LaptopGirl to her car in New Albany.
GeneralElectricGuy seemed to me to be a genuinely nice and smart guy that may just be a victim of bad timing. He went to a party where he only knew one person and seemed to enjoy himself. I actually decided that I liked the guy enough that I wouldn't try to lose him in the Southern Indiana sticks as he followed LaptopGirl and me back to New Albany.