I was positive that I'd already written about this, but I couldn't find it, so I'll do it now.
1. Becomes a Jesus freak and pretty much stops all contact with a
drinker sinner like me.
2. Moves halfway across the country, and then breaks a promise to call me.
3. Tells me, in both words and actions, that my friendship is not worth the time or effort required.
4. Goes to West Virginia, of all places, and breaks off all contact. Again.
5. Decides, out of the blue, to get back together with her old boyfriend.
6. Becomes an asshole. Or, possibly, unleashes the inner asshole that was already there.
7. Becomes a slut. Or, possibly, unleashes the inner slut that was already there.
8. Pisses off the bartenders so many times that he doesn't come into Rich O's any more.
9. Allows a woman to come between us.
Hmmm, I thought there'd be more. And there would be, if I hadn't limited myself to the last three months.
If I had a friend, then odds are that I either don't have that particular friend anymore, or at least that the friendship has taken a sharp turn for the worse.
But I'm not really complaining. People leave all the time. I'm not complaining, but I am certainly noticing.
It's like all of the rats are leaving a sinking ship. And I'm the captain of the ship.
At least that's one analogy that I came up with.
The other analogy is that practice is over, and all of these people are just clearing the field, because the real game is about to start.